Yoga is essential for our changing lifestyles. There are so many problems that you can see that create trouble in your day-to-day activities especially related to a health issue, which hinders keeping the body healthy.
Although, you have a great option in the form of yoga asana to make your schedule properly for mindful living.
As you know a big range of yoga asanas and their types and each gives you different health benefits.
Yogasanas make our bodies strong, flexible, and beautiful. Yoga is much effective to eliminate both physical and mental problems like depression, insomnia, and muscle pain, etc.
Although there are many types of yoga, today we have brought this article for you, in this article you will know what is Matsyasana, how to do Matsyasana, and what are the benefits of Matsyasana? so let’s start.
What is Matsyasana Yoga Pose?
In this mudra, the body appears in the form of fish, hence this mudra is called Matsyasana. According to Hindu mythology, Matsyasana is denoted as an avatar of Lord Vishnu, the defender of the universe.
It is also often said that the earth was indeed corrupted and that the flood was going to destroy the entire earth methodically. Then Lord Vishnu incarnated a huge fish called Matsya.
Benefits of Matsyasana Yoga Pose (Fish Pose)
Many physical and mental problems can be relieved by the benefits of Matsyasana, let us know what are benefits of Matsyasana?
- A traditional text says that Matsyasana yoga is “the enemy of all diseases”.
- This asana also helps in reducing body weight.
- Matsyasana mudra manages blood circulation.
- It can restore spinal strength and overall balance of the body and improves body posture.
- Matsyasana is an intermediate super hip opener.
- Matsyasana also stimulates the third eye chakra (Ajna chakra) and the throat chakra (purified chakra). With this, diseases of the thyroid and parathyroid glands can also be removed.
- Matsyasana makes the pineal gland strong. Which helps you get comfortable to sleep at night.
- Regular practice of fish posture helps reduce constipation, stress or depression, respiratory diseases, and anxiety.
- Fish posture increases oxygen and increases lung capacity.
- It helps to open the chest, fix the shoulders, and stretch the neck muscles and shoulders.
The right time to do Matsyasana Yoga Pose
According to researchers, this asana might be more effective if it is practiced in the morning. Doing yoga asana on an empty stomach is the best time, usually, you find it in the morning.
You can choose either morning or evening time to practice this asana in your comfort. But at least keep a gap of 3 to 5 hours between your practice and mealtime.
Perform these Yoga Poses before performing Matsyasana Yoga Posture:
- Virasana Yoga or Hero Pose
- Savangasana Yoga or Shoulderstand
- Halasana Yoga or Plow Pose
- Urdhva Padmasana Yoga or Inverted Lotus Pose
- Pindasana or Embryo Pose
How to do Matsyasana Yoga Pose?
Let us know how to do Matsyasana-
- First of all, spread your yoga mat and sit on it in Dandasana posture.
- Breathing, lift both legs, and bring them to the Padmasana posture.
- Now slowly move your back towards the back. Support your torso by inoculating the elbow on the ground.
- Make sure the bodyweight is at the elbow and not the head. As soon as the chest is lifted, try pressing the shoulder blades.
- Now, while extending the neck, tilt the head towards the ground and keep tilting your back and head till the head touches the ground.
- Now raise your hands up and hold the thumb of your feet with your hands.
- Now keep your eyes on the nose. If you find it difficult to do so, you can also balance your vision.
- According to your ability, stay in this pose for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Then, to come out of the pose, slowly bring the legs back to the initial position. Take less time at the beginning of this yoga (at least 30 seconds is also enough) and gradually increase the practice time.
If you are seeking more in-depth knowledge of yoga poses, then you can join yoga school in Rishikesh, India.
Points to Keep in Mind While Doing Matsyasana (Fish Pose)
- If you are suffering from low or high blood pressure then it is better to avoid this particular posture. And patients who have a state of insomnia, as well as migraine patients should avoid this pose. If you have any back injury, it is strongly suggested that you do not try to do this pose.
- As a beginner, it is actually quite possible that whenever you start practicing this particular asana you can actually feel the stretch on your neck.
- To avoid this, you can easily lower the chest slightly or even put a pillow or fold a blanket under the head until you really feel comfortable in this pose.
Perform These Asanas After Performing Matsyasana Yoga Posture(Fish Pose)
- Uttana Padasana Yoga or Raised Legs Pose
- Sirsasana Yoga or Headstand
- Baddha Padmasana Yoga or Bounded Lotus Pose
- Padmasana Yoga or Lotus Pose
Precautions to be taken while practicing Matsyasana Yoga Posture (Fish Pose)
Along with knowing how to do Matsyasana, it is also necessary to know some precautions related to it, let us know what precautions a person should take while doing Matsyasana-
- If you start in yoga, then practice yoga under the supervision of a yoga guru.
- While doing any asana, never push too much with your physical ability.
- Avoid the practice of yoga in the problem of high or low blood pressure.
- Do not do this asana in migraine problems.
- A person suffering from insomnia should not practice it.
- Avoid doing this asana in case of severe lower back or neck injury.
Related BLog:- 4 Things You Must Know Before Hiring a Personal Trainer
Although, by joining 200 hour yoga teacher training in Rishikesh, you can also become a certified yoga teacher or trainer.
Hope after knowing all these benefits, you will never have to say what are the steps and benefits of Matsyasana Yoga Pose (Fish Pose).