Eating Chyawanprash increases immunity. The Ministry of AYUSH of the Government of India has also given instructions in its guideline that 10 grams i.e. 1 teaspoon of Chyawanprash should be eaten daily in the morning to increase immunity. Diabetes patients have been instructed to eat sugar-free Chyawanprash. Chyawanprash is a delicious paste made from a variety of ayurvedic medicines and herbs. So it is important that you buy Chyawanprash from the market itself? No, this is not necessary at all. Actually it is so easy to make Chyawanprash at home that you can make it in 30 minutes. Chyawanprash prepared by hand is more healthy and nutritious at home because it is fresh and secondly, you choose it by adding spices and ingredients of good quality. Let us tell you an easy recipe to make Chyawanprash at home.
Ingredients required to make Chyawanprash
- Amla – half a kilo
- Raisins – A Handful
- Dates (seedless) – 10 pieces (if available)
- Desi Ghee – 100 grams
- Jaggery – 400 grams
- Bay leaves – 2 leaves
- Cinnamon – 1 small piece
- Dry ginger (dry ginger) – 10 grams
- Nutmeg – 5 grams
- Green cardamom (small) – 7-8 pieces
- Cloves – 5 grams
- Black pepper – 5 grams
- Saffron – a pinch
- Cumin seeds – 1 teaspoon
- Pippali – 10 grams (if easily mixed)
- Chakraful – 1 piece
Chyawanprash Recipe easy to make Chyawanprash at home
- Firstly grind all the dried spices (bay leaves, cinnamon, dry ginger, nutmeg, green cardamom, cloves, black cumin, pippali, chakrafool, etc.) and make powder.
- Now wash the gooseberries and clean them thoroughly and boil them in a cooker (2 whistles) or pan.
- Now take the gooseberry out of the boiled water and keep it aside and put the raisins and dates in the remaining hot water and cover it for 10 minutes so that they become soft.
- Now when the gooseberries cool down, then cut them and take them out.
- Now add amla, raisins and dates in a blender or mixer jar and add a little water in which you soaked the dates and raisins.
- Grind them to make a nice smooth paste. (Note don’t add too much water)
- Now add desi ghee in a pan and cook it on medium flame for 10 minutes.
- After this, put jaggery in the same ghee and melt the jaggery till it becomes syrup. (About 5-6 minutes)
- Add amla and dates paste to this jaggery and stir.
- Keep stirring this paste on low flame and keep cooking.
- Add the spices powder prepared after 3-4 minutes and mix well while stirring on low flame.
- When the paste gets so thick that it starts sticking to the spoon and leaving the surface of the pan or pan, you turn off the gas.
- Let it cool down and your Chyawanprash is ready.
- If all the ingredients are available, it won’t take you more than 30 minutes to make it.
- Put it in an air tight jar and consume it daily.
How to consume? (Chyawanprash Doses)
You can take Chyawanprash daily in the morning with a spoon of 1 glass of milk or just plain.
Why Chyawanprash is beneficial? (Ayurvedic Chyawanprash Benefits)
This Chyawanprash consists of amla, raisins and dates, which are considered to be a very good source of vitamin C and natural sugar. Vitamin C increases your body’s immunity and improves metabolism. Apart from this, the Ayurvedic spices and herbs present in it protect your body from all kinds of diseases. People of all ages from children to old people can eat this Chyawanprash. This will prove to be very beneficial for health.