Coloured contacts are truly special if you ask me. Nothing better than enhancing your appearance or changing it whenever you want. They are down right one of the best fashion devices that we can ever have, at least for now.
In order to keep things going flashily and beautiful you need to prepare yourself properly with these coloured contact lenses. They are not something you can be careless with. I mean if you are wearing something on your eyes that something needs to be very carefully maintained.
There are many other types of coloured contact lenses and for many different purposes. Yes, you heard it, they are not only for daily fashion purpose, you can even use them for Halloween and cosplay as the costume contacts something interesting. In any case, they still need to be taken care of. So let us discuss how the process goes.
1. Before Wearing the Lens
The maintenance starts even before you wear them, all in all you have to clean them and your hands before you can use them properly:
- In order to maintain the cleanliness of your lenses you have to first clean your hands so that you won’t infect the lenses with anything that is undesirable.
- Once your hands are cleaned properly, you have to clean the lenses before you can wear them.
- With that done, pour some cleaning solution so that you can rub it with your finger to clean it.
2. Wearing The Lens
Another health rule is to insert the coloured contact lenses safely in your eyes. You should know that coloured contact lenses are not simple to insert if you are relatively new to using them or use them sporadically. Below is the process to insert them safely.
- In the last process you have already cleaned your lenses so that means you can now wear the lenses on your eyes. Start by placing the lens cup side up on your finger
- Now hold up the upper eyelid and hold down the lower eye lid so that your eye has been enlarged
- After you have placed the lens in your eyes, blink your eyes continuously and move your eyes to allow the lens to settle.
3. Removing The Lens
Cleaning and maintenance keep on going even after you have used the lenses. Make sure you do it properly once you have used them for the day. Of course, if they are daily disposable, you can just throw them away, but if they are weekly or monthly disposable then you have to clean them and store them safely. That said, you would have to remove them from the eyes safely before you clean them
- Cleaning of the lenses will be done the same way it was done before. But you need to take them out carefully. To do that you need to enlarge your eyes by holding the eyelids.
- Now use the finger to drag the lens away from the iris and now use the thumb to very delicately squeeze the lens so that it comes of the eye surface.
- Just grab it and take it of now.
How To Clean Your Coloured Contact Lenses
Like mentioned earlier, there are different types of coloured lenses such as the daily disposable and weekly disposable. You also have the extended coloured contact lenses. With these different types, the caring process can change. For example, the daily disposable lenses do not require any cleaning after use unlike the weekly disposable and extended lenses. Why is that?
The daily disposable contact lenses are designed to be used only once a day meaning after one time use they expire. Every day you are going to use a fresh new pair that is perfectly healthy and safe. While the other contact lenses that are weekly or monthly contact lenses will require proper cleaning after every use till they expire
This is the proper process of cleaning your coloured contact lenses once you are done using them.
- Before anything, make sure to clean your hands with soap and warm water. Once that is done you should dry them with a lint free cloth.
- Then take off your lenses and then place them on your palm. Use the disinfectant solution, pour it on the lenses and clean it by rubbing with your finger. Once that is doen you have store them safely
- That you can do in the storage case that came with your coloured contact lenses.
- If the solution has expired, buy a new one.
Unlike the weekly and monthly disposable contact lenses where you need to take them off and clean them every time at the end of the day. Extended lenses can be used continuously for 30 days and you may clean them once a week or every day…