Do you remember the short story of the movie ‘Taare Zameen Par’? He considers that child to be all mentally weak and ‘stupid’ because he gets little dissatisfaction with the people and he does not feel like reading and writing. We also see such children in our neighborhoods and those who do not feel like studying, nor do they mix with friends and people. Such children have to face scolding and reproach everywhere. But do you know that these children’s habits can also be due to some mental illness. Yes, such a disease is dyslexia. If media reports are to be believed, then in the childhood, film star Abhishek Bachchan was also a victim of this disorder called dyslexia. Let’s tell you what the disease is and what causes it and the rescue.
What is Dyslexia Disorder?
Dyslexia is a disorder found in children. One in 10 children worldwide is found to be suffering from this disease. Dyslexia Association of India estimates that about 10 to 15 percent of school children in India are victims of this disease. Due to this disease, children have difficulty in recognizing letters, writing them, and speaking words. Although some children take longer than normal to learn, so you should understand the difference between dyslexia and slow lerner. Dyslexia is difficult to read, write, and configure words. This is because the brain joins words or letters.
Symptoms of Dyslexia
Typically, the symptoms of dyslexia can be difficult to identify before going to school, but some early symptoms can signal a problem. Upon reaching the age of the child’s school, his teacher can first concentrate on the problem. Often the problem becomes clear when the child starts reading. Such children show the following signs-
- Such children start speaking late
- Learn new words gradually
- Difficulty to remember and repeat nursery poems
- Problems remembering things according to their order
- Difficulty understanding the instructions given in a fast way
- Hearing difficult to learn and remember
- Difficulty playing poems game
- Difficulty in making mathematical problems
- Read less than expected level of age
- Problems understanding things on hearing
- Difficulty viewing the differences in letters and words
- An inability to pronounce an unfamiliar term
- Problems like learning a foreign language are problems
- Difficulty in understanding obscure jokes or mouthpieces
- Trouble describing the story briefly
Dyslexia treatment is possible?
Dyslexia is a kind of mental disorder and it can be completely eliminated. Some different techniques can be used to teach such children.
- Generally, such children have to understand everything by example.
- To understand things as easy as possible, easy and enjoyable.
- Can take pictures, characters, stories and songs.
- Call and write letters that are difficult to recognize and speak.
- Apart from this, some of the help and learning of motivational therapy can also be taken.
Concentration and memory can be increased by better eating habits and yoga.